Itching to update your kitchen with new counter tops? The choices are plentiful with many new exciting trends to watch. To help make the process less intimidating and more rewarding later, I believe it is important to first ask yourself some questions about the types of surface choices and how they may suit your needs.
9 Questions you should ask yourself to ensure a perfect match for your new kitchen counter top surface:
1) Feel: Do you want your counter to be smooth vs textured?
2) Appearance: Do you desire a solid or consistent color vs more natural that has granules, veining or that’s patterned?
3) Material: Do you want a natural vs manmade material?
4) Durability: Can I chop, slice, and dice directly on my counter tops?
5) Water resistance: Will I want to roll dough directly on them?
6) Heat Resistance: Can I set hot pots directly on them?
7) Stain Resistance: Can I spill lemon, orange juice or red wine on them?
8) Maintenance: Do I have the time and diligence to reseal them routinely?
9) Do I want an integral sink that matches the countertop?
Over the next few days, I’ll be discussing the various choices in surface types, along with the pros and cons of each including projected costs. In the meantime, please feel free to ask a question or provide feedback.